Must be able to obtain and NV2
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Analyse, develop, interpret, and evaluate complex telecommunications systems design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
• Research, analyse, evaluate, and monitor telecommunications network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
• Assess and make recommendations for improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software and operating systems
• Provide specialist skills and advice to resolve telecommunications network problems and emergencies
• Install, configure, test, maintain and administer new and upgraded telecommunications networks and applications
• Provide network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
• Prepare and maintain procedures, maintenance instructions and documentation for network inventory, and record the diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements, and modifications
• Monitor network traffic, and activity, capacity, and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal network performance
• Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology and identify opportunities for improvement in the AEC’s systems and infrastructure
• Analyse complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation, and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
• Ensure high quality outputs, including the development of team members, building team capacity, and encouraging career development.
Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
• Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance, and reporting on team functional responsibilities, working in conjunction with the lead Enterprise Architect.
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise, and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
• Design network configuration with in Microsoft Azure
• Ability to research, analyse, evaluate, and monitor network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance. As well as assess and recommend improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
• Ability to install, configure, test, maintain and administer new and upgraded networks, including support and troubleshoot network problems and emergencies.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs
and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
• Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and
• Understanding of maintaining and operating Layer 2 networks such a Vlans,
• Ability to implement network topology in Microsoft Azure
• A relevant bachelor’s degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant
experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal
• Experience Configuring and maintaining FortiGate firewalls
• Experience configuring Dynamic Routing Protocols such as BGP, OSPF
• Experience deploying and maintaining DWDM optical networks
• Experience troubleshooting L4-7 application performance problems
• Experience maintaining DNS and DHCP network infrastructure