BOD Learning & Development is a national team that develop and deliver technical training and implement digital and innovative learning within the Biosecurity Operations Division. Services include the development and delivery of technical training, job competency assessments, and digital learning and innovation.
APS5 L&D Instructional Designers/Development Officers provide support for the development of training and assessment materials under the direction of the Development Manager.
- Design or/and review training materials under the management of a Development Manager
- Contribute and incorporate innovative learning solutions into the development of training resources
- Apply adult learning theories using a variety of instructional design tools for the development of training and assessment activities, including the latest trends
- Provide constructive and positive feedback in the review of national training resources
Undertake development activities ensuring compliance with legislative, policy, financial, and administrative frameworks, government decision-making processes, and agency
- guidelines and regulations under the direction of a Development Manager
- Communicate with influence and participate in project meetings/workgroups to promote training activities
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft office application skills
- Ability to use Articulate 360 or Lectora software as well as other applications, such as Photoshop, or ability to acquire quickly
- Strong Instructional design skills with examples of how these have been applied in recent training materials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be accountable for the quality of your work, producing high-quality outputs, promptly, requiring little or no revision before finalisation.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor; or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and one of the following:
- (i) TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills or its successor or
- (ii) TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills
and one of the following:
- (iii) TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor or
- (iv) TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or
(v) TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools