No security clearance required.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Officer in the team to support a variety of high-level priority initiatives underway across the department.
Working closely with the Communications Specialist, the Senior Communications Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies to engage staff and external stakeholders. This will include developing communication materials for target audiences and working with specialist agencies where appropriate.
The Senior Communications Officer will also support engagement with Senior Executives, including writing high-level briefs on the progress of communication plans, stakeholder consultations, and manage project deliverables and timelines. The role will contribute to the development of strategies and high-quality internal communication products and services for staff to help lead them through various organisation change initiatives.
The immediate key duties of the position include:
- Working as part of a team to develop and implement engaging internal and external communication plans that meet stakeholder needs.
- Writing and editing a broad range of communication materials, drawing information from a range of sources.
- Working closely with our Corporate Communications teams to provide input into the production of communication products.
- Evaluating and compiling analytics about our communication activities.
- Supporting the procurement and delivery of market research.
- Providing strategic advice on communication issues.
- Leading internal and external communication projects with minimal direction.
- Liaising between departmental business areas and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development/delivery of initiatives that support regulatory improvement.
- Support regulatory reform project activities, including providing strategic communication and project advice.
- Building and sustaining productive relationships with team members, colleagues and business areas to support the delivery of project priorities.
Skills and capabilities
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Communicate with influence, including strong written skills
- Proven experience developing and implementing communication plans and strategies
- Proven experience managing projects from start to finish, monitoring project progress and
- adjusting plans and activities as required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work that is of a high standard, within specified timeframes and under minimal supervision.
- The ability to build and sustain relationships and negotiate confidently with a range of stakeholders and clients
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to anticipate and prioritise deadlines and timeframes.
- Enjoy working independently but also as part of a small team.
Relevant tertiary qualifications in communication, public relations, marketing or journalism and/or the equivalent work experience are mandatory.