Role description for instructional material content editor
Knowledge Management team, Agricultural Trade Division
- Perform content and quality assurance editing of instructional material (processes, procedures and supporting material) to support staff implement new export legislation.
- Effectively manage good working relationships with instructional material owners and authors, including training, advising and negotiating to ensure documents are clear and comply with government and department policies and writing standards.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders, including other teams across the Agricultural Trade Group, Instructional Material Library Systems team, and editors in policy and operational business areas.
- Manage projects for instructional material development, as required.
- Assist in writing and editing communications and instructional materials to support the development of instructional material.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- excellent communication skills, including a well-demonstrated ability to write in a clear, concise and structured way
- demonstrated skills and experience in document editing (experience in instructional material editing will be an advantage)
- good client engagement skills and a focus on customer service
- a demonstrated ability to set and meet work priorities to ensure team and organisational objectives are met
- an ability to learn new systems and tasks quickly
- a high level of personal drive and integrity, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- familiarity with document management workflows will be an advantage.