A Baseline Security Clearance is mandatory.
To be successful in an Executive Assistant / Taskforce Coordinator position you will be highly motivated and able to demonstrate:
• A high level of written and oral communication skills including using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
• The ability uses sound judgement, contributing to new ideas and continuous improvement opportunities
• The ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships including responding to stakeholder needs and expectations.
• An ability use integrity to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• The ability to develop objectives for short term tasks and participate in strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
• Willingness to participate in strategic planning and decision making within the work area.
As an Executive Assistant / Taskforce Coordinator, you will undertake a wide variety of duties to support the Branch Heads:
· Provide high level administrative support to the Senior Executive Leadership team and broader STS taskforce, as required.
· Proactively assist the SES with preparation for meetings, including agendas, briefing notes, and presentations and diary management and coordination, including scheduling appointments and organising travel.
· Liaise with stakeholders of all levels including the Minister’s Office, and providing assistance with general enquires.
· Assist with the management of corporate functions within the team. Coordinate and reconcile financial commitments for your Branch Head consistent with policy and/or guidelines.
· Draft correspondence, briefing notes and other reporting as required, including coordinating preparation and clearance for meeting papers.
· Ensure appropriate level of governance requirements are met for all organisational documents and processes.
· Maintain and update administrative practices, systems and procedures to improve efficiency and service delivery.
· Provide strategic support and advice to Taskforce SES and undertake quality assurance for STS Taskforce products.
· Coordinate and align Taskforce strategic planning and engagement. Support the coordination of strategic activities for the Taskforce including planning days, showcases and capability building sessions.
· Contribute to and implement improved practises and processes, both individually and as part of the broader Executive Advisory and Taskforce Coordination team.
· Arrange meetings and organising logistical arrangements (room bookings, refreshments and escorting external stakeholders)
· Manage the coordination of Taskforce Ministerial and inter-agency engagements including Interdepartmental meetings, Steering Committees and other key engagements, as required.
· Play a key role in mentoring and developing the STS Taskforce Executive Assistant cohort.
· Support staff to manage Taskforce deadlines and clearances for SES and support the coordination of whole-of-government integrated STS products.
• Provide support and guidance to the broader Taskforce and other members of the SES team to support broader Taskforce operations including managing deadlines and clearances.
Desirable skills/ Experience
It would beneficial for candidates to have experience and/or qualifications
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing executive support and / or coordination to a high-profile and fast-paced organisation.
· Qualifications in management, business, administration
· Government experience either at a state or federal level.
· Experince in managing highly sensitive information and correspondence in systesm (eg CABNET)