Who we are
The Transformation Program Branch, which delivers the department’s Enterprise Program Management Office capability, provides support for the department’s transformation program, including:
- managing the department’s external partnering model, including work package review and activity order administration
- providing whole-of-enterprise monitoring and reporting of the department’s transformation program and its capital projects portfolio performance
- establishing program and project governance models
- administering program and project management frameworks, policies, processes, and guidance materials
- managing the project investment cycle
- supporting better practice program and project management, change management, and benefits realisation by providing expert advice.
The Enterprise Program Management Office is responsible for strengthening the way that the department plans and delivers its programs and projects, to help achieve strategic objectives. The EPMO manages the department’s project framework and assists in the planning, design, implementation, and closure of programs and projects including identifying benefits and change impacts. We also provide a portfolio management role to the department’s executive by supporting the project investment process and conducting analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
The Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for supporting sound governance and provides specialist advisory services within the department, including change management.
This role is key for the establishment and maintenance of a robust and consistent change management framework, which requires a high level of engagement skills and be able to embed and champion good change management principles and processes across the department.
- providing change management support, expert advice, and practical assistance to business areas
- analysing change requirements, recommending change strategies, and facilitating the completion of change artefacts to achieve benefits realisation
- contributing to the delivery and management of our enterprise change management model and services
- engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to drive innovation and continuous improvement of our enterprise change approach
- supporting the integration of other disciplines into change management processes and new ways of working to deliver innovative solutions
- delivering high-level briefings and reporting on the delivery of change to the executive
- supporting the delivery of communication material to raise awareness of our transformation program
What we are looking for
We are seeking candidates who have:
- sound knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- experience in managing large scale, complex change
- has an ability to deliver on intended results while adapting to strategic and operational changes, and effectively prioritising tasks to deliver outcomes promptly
- are able to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- has demonstrated an ability in building and maintaining relationships (within and outside the organisation) to drive mutually beneficial outcomes
- displays clear and confident written and verbal communication and the ability to negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
Industry recognised change management qualification is desirable and/or a relevant tertiary qualification such as communication and training.
Eligibility and other requirements
Citizenship – To be eligible for employment with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment you must be an Australian citizen.
Security Clearance – This position requires a Baseline Vetting security clearance. You will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
Pre-employment Check – Your suitability for employment will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes a requirement to undergo and satisfy a National Police Check, referee checks, character clearance, and where required a pre-employment medical assessment, specified mandatory qualification(s) validation, and a probation period of 6 months.