Must have Baseline Security Clearance.
The department has a requirement for a Technical Analyst to provide detailed analysis of critical business systems, large data sets and ensure successful integration with enterprise monitoring solutions. The position will support the End-to-End Monitoring project to mature application monitoring and work collaboratively with business stakeholders and technical teams. The End-to-End Monitoring project exists to deliver an enterprise monitoring capability that provides monitoring of export systems and services so that potential system issues can be identified and resolved earlier, reducing service disruption for exporters.
The duties performed will include:
- Working with business and product stakeholders to understand their needs for monitoring, covering service level expectations and current pain points for alerting and notification, through to detailed information products required by developers (e.g. logs) and reports.
- Working with product development teams to understand system architectures, and services including complex integrations with other systems.
- Analyse and document stakeholder requirements, translating them into specific monitoring objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Identify gaps in monitoring and logging that need to be addressed, including by both the end-to-end monitoring team and by product development teams.
- Undertake detailed analysis of monitoring and application data to support the development of monitoring and notification solutions. Lead technical integration of the log aggregator solution and develop correlation of large data sets for effective event management.