Business Support Officer
Classification APS Level 4
Division Corporate and Business Services
Branch Property and Security
Section Business Services North
Location Darwin, NT – 1 Pederson Road Eaton NT 0820
Employment Status Contractor
Hours Full-time –(8:00-16:00)
- Under general direction, provide administrative support and advice to staff in the region, performing a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- provide finance, procurement management and contract management.
- assisting with the contract management and service delivery of the departmental residential property portfolio
- assisting with the management of fleet vehicles, accounts payable and uniforms
- assisting in project management
- general spreadsheet management
- administration tasks as required including front counter duties, mail, records management and ad hoc work as required
- provide a level of client service in regard to liaison with departmental managers, employees and service providers
- assisting with facilities management activities
- assist in asset activities including purchasing, paperwork, register management, audits and annual stocktakes
- Liaise with clients and other government agencies, providing advice as necessary
- Assist in all activities that support the team’s operational requirements.
Skills and capabilities
- Strong experience in finance, procurement, and contract management.
- Strong property management and or contract management experience
- Strong level of computer literacy with well-developed skills in the use of Financial Management Information systems.
- Strong research and analytical skills, coupled with well-developed writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and resilience to manage competing priorities and work under pressure within defined timeframes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to lead projects to deliver quality outcomes
- WHS knowledge