Must be able to obtain Baseline.
The department is looking to engage an enthusiastic application focused Cloud Architect, architecture advises and actively supports the agency’s project and BAU teams, whilst also providing strategic technical direction and insight across the broader business.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Contributing to the development, assurance, and/or maintenance of the agency’s application architecture artefacts, including application modernisation strategies, architecture definitions, technology roadmaps, standards, and patterns.
• Undertaking targeted reviews of existing application deployments, both on premise and in-cloud, including the assessment of documentation, operational and financial sustainability, and alignment with strategic agency architectures and governance arrangements, and roadmaps.
• Based on review findings, document issues, risks, and opportunities, together with associated actionable recommendations.
• Working directly with IT, business areas, application development teams, provide insight and assistance with the scoping, costing, planning and delivery of new application services
• Demonstrated experience working as an application Solutions Architect working in on-premises, cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Demonstrated experience assisting Federal Government build and operate applications and services in on premises, full cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Deep knowledge and experience with Microsoft development practices, platforms, and technologies, including:
o Office 365 platforms
o Dynamics 365
o Azure DevOps
• Deep Knowledge of Microsoft Azure architectures, services, platforms, and operations.
o Cloud Adoption Framework
o Scalable and highly available architectures
o Monitoring and Alerting in an enterprise environment
o Recovery services and backup methodologies
• Demonstrated experience across enterprise networks in on-premises, full cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Proven ability to deliver and document solutions that meet requirements and align with operational constraints and strategic vision.
• Strong documentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate clearly between business areas and technical teams.
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
o Agile working methodologies
o Pipeline management
o Service integrations
o Repository management and branching
• Flexible skillset and a willingness to learn new and merging technologies with an enterprise focus.
• A willingness to undergo security vetting at the Negative Vetting NV1 level.