The ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) PV security clearance.
Must be an Australian citizen.
|Qualifications and Experience|
· Experience in leading and managing technical teams;
· Experience in planning and supporting domestic and/or international cyber operations/deployments;
· Experience in Operations Support Concepts (SOP/CONOPS) development; Risk management; Resource forecasting and Budgeting; and
· Experience and/or understanding of Defence ICT systems.
· Tertiary qualifications in Cyber operations management, ICT or a related discipline.
· Certified SAFe® Practitioner (can be completed upon engagement).
· Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (can be completed upon engagement).
· Graduate Certificate or higher in ICT, Computer science.
· Understanding of cyber domain; and
· Experience in Operations Cell.
· Qualifications in Project Management (Agile, PMBOK, PRINCE2).
· Graduate Certificate or higher in Cyber Security.
· Demonstrated diversity and depth of experience in Cyber Range Operations.
· Agile / DevOps / Scrum experience.
· Demonstrated experience in and understanding of information technology and/or cyber security.
· Experience in requirements elicitation across stakeholder communities.
· The ability to engage and communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve deliverables within challenging and tight timeframes.
· Ability to lead; know how to follow; and be an active, proactive member of a high performing team.
· Experience with the Defence Range Management Framework.
· Experience with Defence Cyber Exercise Life Cycle (CELC).
· Cyber Security Manager / Defence Signals Operations Cell.
|Responsibilities||· Leads and manages functions for Cyber Exercise Team (CET) and Helpdesk Operations in support of supported operations and exercises;|
· Develop (SOP/CONOPS) for sustainment effect to delivered cyber capabilities;
· Operational planning with Cyber Units and Joint Cyber Directorate for current and future operations;
· Resource forecasting; logistics planning ISO future deployments and exercises;
· Ensure support to Cyber Units is in line with the directed/agreed Service Level Agreements;
· Develop and implement internal training program for technical staff;
· Oversee Work Health and Safety measure implementation and compliance within Sustainment organisation;
· Develop and manage a risk management plan for the Sustainment Stream;
· Represent Operational engagement with Joint Cyber Directorate; Cyber Units and other external stakeholders involved in cyber capability; and
· Liaison with Coalition partners in coordinating joint collective cyber training and use of US range platform.
· Act as the single point of contact for stakeholder engagement pertaining to the CET; facilitating strong stakeholder community relationships and contributions to Cyber range operations.
· Participate in selection and hiring of CET staff.
· Create and assist others to author User Stories for the Cyber range platforms.
· Triage user stories, defects and other CET tasks.
· Distil and escalate risks and issues (blockers) to the Executive for action.
· Create and manage a CET schedule.
· Facilitate and conduct Cyber Range demonstration events.
· With support from the Finance Manager, manage funding allocated to the CET, including reporting on planned/actual spend and proposing re-allocation of funding within across the Product Lines.
· Contribute to and review CET-related documents.
· Must actively manage tasking and outputs of CET personnel to ensure Value For Money is achieved. Must manage and escalate performance issues for Commonwealth delegate attention and action.
· Work with the Cyber Security Manager to appropriately respond to relevant security breaches, investigate how they occurred, identify lessons learned and implement remediation actions.
· Ensure accurate and timely completion of CET reporting, ensuring accountability, traceability and compliance.
· Ensure consistent communication and flow of information across channels within the, Executive Team, and to senior executives and other stakeholders including tailoring artefacts to their needs.
· Build and sustain productive relationships with team members, staff and supervisors, and actively participate in teamwork and group activities.
- PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES & STANDARDS
|Key Area||Key Goals||Key Accountabilities|
|Communication||Foster a highly collaborative work environment across the team and the broader DCO community||· Acts reasonably, honestly, respectfully, courteously, in good faith, and in a coordinated and effective manner in performing obligations and exercising rights|
· Demonstrate Integrity, Honesty and Collegiate Behaviours – however be willing to challenge accepted dogma and business practices that impede the Mission
· Be forthright – have a bias for action and decision
· Performs obligations in a fair and impartial manner that facilitates the achievement of the objectives and is consistent with the best interests of the Commonwealth
· Work with the team members to resolve communication, performance or service issues
· Liaise with the team members and the broader integrated program team to minimise risks, issues and problems
|Documentation and Artefacts||Plan, manage and support the timely development of team documentation and artefacts||· Provide drafting and review services necessary for team documentation and artefacts.|
· Build and maintain strong relationships to facilitate effective day to-day interactions with internal and external stakeholders including effective engagement with staff and senior executives.
|Reporting||Develop, contribute and maintain accurate reports and records|
|· Actively monitor and report regularly on the delivery of Product Line responsibilities (documentation and artefacts)|
· Provide relevant input to standard reports, and develop new reports as required
· Ensure currency and accuracy of necessary reports and records
· Provide in-time and by exception reporting to support the decision and direction of the Executive
· Proactively report risks and opportunities
|Professionalisation and Development||Foster a highly productive team focused on continual improvement and increased capability||· Provide support, coaching, advice and guidance to team members and the broader|
· Identify and recommend opportunities for professional development of team members and the broader
· Shares knowledge with team members and the broader DCO community
|One Team Culture||Adhere to One Team, One Vision||· Model the One Team Behaviours of collaboration, open communication and trust.|
· Support the Vision – to be a government leader for rapid and agile information warfare capability acquisition and sustainment
· Support the Mission – to acquire and sustain information warfare capability in order to support ADF mission in cyberspace.
· Accept and manage risk in the delivery of ADF DCO warfighting capability.
· Maintain compliance with the Probity Framework