Baseline clearance or the ability to obtain
Work from home arrangement will be agreed to between the successful candidate and the business area
This role will be working closely with the IT Security Advisor (ITSA) and manage service provider(s) who deliver support system including but not limited to cloud and network support teams to uplift the security posture.
The candidate will be required to:
- perform daily checks, on key systems, ensure response to events, issues and inconsistencies is undertaken in a timely manner.
- Review logs and alerts from key systems, to determine if further action and/or response is required with support of the IT Security Advisor.
- Assist in the response to any suspected security incidents, under the guidance of the IT Security Advisor.
- Providing effective, regular, and timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Develop standard operating procedures and playbooks that support future response times.
- Provide support for security solutions, and act as Technical Advisor for InfoSec solutions, ensuring high-quality, prompt, and efficient service.
- Build strong relationships across the business and drive innovation cross-functionally on security engineering.
- Support security engineering solutions as part of the Agile team
- Generate, track, and monitor key metrics to support security reporting.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in an InfoSec role with foundational knowledge in SOC operations, IDS/IPS, and SIEM technologies
- The ability to engage and communicate with fellow team members and stakeholders, both internal and external and at all levels of client.
- Proficient in application protocols, networking protocols, development language, Linux command line environment (or Windows equivalent), with comfort analysing packet capture files in tools such as Wireshark.
- Previous experience driving security related change, with the ability to communicate highly technical information into plain language.
- Strong organisation, attention to detail, analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but also a strong team player who works well with others.
- Able to pick up new concepts swiftly and hit the ground running, manage your time effectively and produce high quality outcomes efficiently.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Candidate must be able to attend onsite at any of the offices at least 2 days per week (hybrid).
- To satisfy character requirements applicants must undergo a police records check.
• Experience with ServiceNow and Azure DevOps