Security Clearance needed – Baseline minimum
The department is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Data Management and Analytics Platform project.
The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders, business subject matter experts, technical architects, cloud engineers and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed project outcomes.
The Data Analyst will:
• Be able to analyse and review datasets and prepare a current state analysis
• Be proficient with using Excel to store and analyse data, including formulas and data manipulation
• Develop and contribute to ongoing project reporting requirements
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of the design process
• Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation
• Oversee and validate data and reports for consistency
• Work with the department’s data platform team to consume and implement recommended practices to ensure compliance of data and information management standards
• Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
• Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small teams Experience in working within an Agile team is highly desirable, and experience working in an enterprise data warehouse is desirable.
Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in information technology, data analysis, data management, or related fields would be highly regarded, including the ability to communicate data concepts to generalist audiences.