Must have Baseline Security Clearance.
Location of work ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
The department is in need of a highly skilled and experienced Data and Information Architect to oversee and direct the design, creation and deployment of the way data is collated and in a way that is structured, can be stored, used, integrated, and managed in IT systems. The Data and Information Architect will oversee and direct the design, creation and deployment of the way data is structured, stored, used, integrated, and managed in IT systems. Key tasks include:
- master data management – assessing the integrity of data from multiple sources and providing advice on data transformation from one format/medium to another.
- information handling and protection – ensuring the availability, integrity, and searchability of information through formal data and metadata structures and protection measures.
- actively participate in the collaborative process of updating and improving national environmental information according to a legislated national Environmental Data and Information Standard.
- setting standards for data modelling and design tools, advising on their application, and ensuring compliance
- co-ordinating the application of analysis, design, and modelling techniques to establish, modify, or maintain data structures and their associated components.
- ensuring implementation of information and records management policies and standard practices.
- assessing and managing data and information-related risks.
- supporting projects through the preparation of technical plans and the application of design principles, aligning solutions with enterprise and solution architecture standards, including security.
1. Demonstrated experience in data and information architecture on large scale ICT digital and data transformation projects
2. Demonstrated understanding of data modelling, data integration, and data transformation processes.
3. Demonstrated expertise in master data management – assessing the integrity of data from multiple sources and providing advice on data transformation from one format/medium to another.
Knowledge and experience in any of the following areas will be highly regarded:
• proven experience (5+ years) as a Data and Information Architect, with a focus on master data management and information assurance.
• experience in managing information and records management policies and practices.
• knowledge of relevant legislation, security controls, and risk assessment methodologies.
• extensive expertise in designing and implementing data architectures, data integration, and data analysis solutions.
• large scale government digital and data transformation
• knowledge of the Australian Governments environmental reforms.