Must be able to obtain NV1.
The department is seeking an experienced Senior SQL Server Database Administrator, to enable the delivery of the Commissions objectives and outcomes by undertaking the design, implementation and operational support of database services infrastructure.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Delivering solutions and support for our evolving database environment which consists of SQL Server systems hosted on prem, in the Azure Cloud, and in some legacy Linux hosted data platforms.
• Overseeing compliance and health of the database fleet.
• Driving database automation initiatives for repeatable requirements
• Developing service capabilities in the Azure cloud.
• Recent experience in operating and supporting SQL Server clustered implementations and Azure SQL Managed Instance systems.
• Skilled Senior SQL Server DBA with a passion for data, automation and designing robust, reliable systems.
• Demonstrated experience in writing complex stored procedures and scripts with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL.
• Ability to performance tune, trouble shoot and optimise SQL Server code for poor running queries.
• Experience in standardisation of database objects, design, naming and documentation of databases and data dictionary including source of truth and data lineage.
• Experience in Relational Database concepts, primarily based on Microsoft SQL server 2017-2022
• Ability to design, build, maintain and decommission database systems.
• Management and maintenance of SQL Server HA and DR including Clustering, Availability Groups, Replication and backup recovery.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with On Premise, Virtual and cloud SQL offerings.
• Data modelling and management
• Data visualisation products including PowerBI
• Experience of other RDBMS products, for example Postgres, Ingres, MySQL, Cosmos DB
• Experience working in Linux environments.
• Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
• Ability to collaborate and mentor team members to promote team harmony