Must be able to obtain an NV1 clearance
Successful and experienced candidates who:
• Oversee compliance and health of the database fleet, driving database
automation initiatives for repeatable requirements, and developing service
capabilities in the Azure cloud.
• have recent experience in operating and supporting SQL Server clustered
implementations as well as Azure SQL Managed Instance systems.
• are skilled Senior SQL Server DBA with a passion for data, automation and designing
robust, reliable systems.
• available for after-hours escalation support through a roster-based system
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Production operational support of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 through to 2019 and
Azure SQLMI platforms
• T-SQL skills including performance analysis of T-SQL queries, assisting developer
teams with T-SQL query techniques, database design and modelling
• Proven and demonstrable skills in SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server
Integration Services, SQL XML, SQL JSON and PowerShell
• Developing/supporting automation of SQL Server processes using PowerShell
• Developing support tools in support of business imperatives
• Delivery of SQL Server database systems built to standards and the
continual assurance that the existing fleet meets and ACSC compliance
• Ability to work with Cyber and security compliance teams to address emerging
vulnerabilities and investigate security incidents
• Proven understanding of the SQL Server Database architecture, internals,
clustering and performance tuning
• Knowledge SQL Server high availability options both on Prem and in the Azure
• Troubleshooting production incidents using T-SQL querying, SQL Query store,
SSIS, SSRS and SQL Server logs as required with clear communication to
customers on the issue, root cause and its impact.
• Data modelling and management
• Data visualisation products including PowerBI
• experience of other RDBMS products, for example Postgres, Ingres, MySQL,
• experience working in Linux environment