All candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 clearance to apply
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with developers, testers, and systems administrators to achieve a steady flow of changes to various platform tools and capabilities in DevOps pipelines using automated deployment tooling with java, python or bash scripts.
As the successful candidate becomes familiar with the environment, they will be increasingly relied upon to:
• Drive the continuous uptake of deployment automation opportunities as they present.
• Drive the uptake of observability (monitoring and alerting) in the Agency’s platform tools and capabilities.
• Identify, inform and seek to mitigate release engineering risks during work planning.
• Improve the quality of a product or service such as developer productivity, release frequency, operational outcomes, etc.)
• Implement and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment functionality (E.g. in DevOps tooling, Concourse, Jenkins, Gitlab, Terraform, etc.)
• Implement and maintain development, build, or deployment tooling and scripts.
- Excellent analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills and teamwork
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with competing demands
- Experience improving the quality of a product or service (Eg.: developer productivity, release frequency, operational outcomes, etc)
- Experience implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment functionality (Eg. in DevOps tooling, Concourse, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc)
- Experience implementing and maintaining development, build, or deployment tooling and scripts.
- Knowledge of the secure software development lifecycle and DevSecOps practices
- Experience improving situational awareness of user-facing issues (Eg. through monitoring and alerts)