• Design, plan and undertake user research and usability testing based on best practice
and user research frameworks.
• Contribute to and support the delivery of user research, testing and co-design activities
to deliver innovative simple outcomes and improvements to stakeholder and user
• Develop and support the team to develop research and testing artefacts, including
proposals, reports, personas, and journey maps.
• Facilitate and support user research and testing interviews and discussions with users
to gain critical information required to improve the digital user experience and validate
designs with users.
• Analyse and synthesise insights and findings to understand user behaviours, needs and
motivations leading to the creation of insights and opportunities for improvement of the
• Transform insights and findings into impactful and actionable artefacts across a variety
of formats to inform decision-making and make recommendations to inform design
• Build rapport, collaborate, and communicate with influence internally and across
government to support the agency’s transformation agenda.
• Support the broader team in capability development in user research and usability
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading research and/or usability testing, including
various research methodology and mediums.
- Experience in testing varying degrees of fidelity prototypes to elicit behaviour and
sentiments from users.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using User-Centric Design methodology,
processes, and techniques to inform digital solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute detailed research plans including
analysis and development of reports with short lead times.
- Possess experience working in an Agile environment within Government or similar