The Test Manager is responsible for performing objective assessments of the software products to enable developers and managers to make appropriate corrective decisions.
Test Management defines overall testing strategies and manages effective planning,
monitoring and execution of all testing activities. The role assists with the implementation
and definition of overall testing strategies.
The Test Manager ensures that all test effort activities are effectively planned, monitored
and completed in accordance with agreed test guidelines and to business requirements.
A key component of the role involves dealing with external software vendors as
The Test Manager exercises a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider agency implications, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior
In performing a leadership role, the Test Manager drives innovation, changes in
workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and
• Manage the timely delivery of testing outcomes and the quality of testing processes ,
including undertaking test effort estimation and managing resources to ensure project
deliverables are met.
• Plan, develop, and manage test cases for different types of testing at various stages of
testing on appropriate testing platforms.
• Ensure appropriate testing phases/levels and activities are executed for changes prior
to production deployment in adherence with the current test processes and Test Policy.
• Define and document requirements for test environments.
• Identify, analyse, manage and report on trends of defects, programming errors and
inconsistent operational characteristics.
• Lead and manage operations of the team, including monitoring business performance,
setting priorities, and managing resources and workflow.
• Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning to
increase performance, engagement and retention.
• Monitor and manage work output and quality, against established performance
standards through interpretation of quality analysis and reporting.
• Prepare and review a range of written material including technical and corporate
• Assist with the management of finances, resources and budget requirements and
issues within area of responsibility.
• Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project
outcomes and contribute to and influence ICT strategy resolving conflicts as needed