Executive Assistants provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Executive Service (SES), and work closely with the Divisional Executive Officer and other Executive Assistants to ensure the Branch and Division is managed effectively and in a coordinated manner.
The Executive Assistant acts as the first point of contact for the relevant SES officer and their Branch, and their duties include:
• Screening of inquiries to the Assistant Secretary’s office, telephone calls, in person or otherwise and actioning as appropriate.
• Monitoring e-mails and documents to ensure correspondence is triaged and actioned accordingly.
• Diary management to ensure all responsibilities are met.
• Coordinate and work with relevant staff to provide responses to corporate documents.
• Assisting with coordinating branch/divisional administrative tasks (eg phone lists, leave register, senate estimates responses, property and accommodation).
• Prepare communication, including collation of papers
• Credit card reconciliation.
• Organising, scheduling and coordinating all travel arrangements.
• Arrange meetings, venue, audio visual equipment and catering as required.
• Undertake filing and records management functions ensuring records are accurate, complete and are managed in accordance with departmental policy.
• Provide support to other areas of the Branch and Division as requested.