This role requires a NV1 Security Clearance
Within tight timeframes the successful candidate is expected to develop spending proposals, contract work orders and RFQ documentation, manage and evaluate market approaches via BuyICT/Digital Marketplace, assist with contract negotiations and contract management and ensure that all procurements are undertaken in compliance with Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
This role will work closely with a dedicated project team including Project Manager(s) and architects to develop and manage approaches to market for work packages to deliver a new ICT environment primarily for one of the portfolio agencies and other areas, if required.
The successful candidate will need to keep a broad range of stakeholders informed with face-to-face meetings and regular status reports and have an ability to distil stakeholder requirements and articulate them to the market in an agile and adaptable method.
The procurement specialist is required as soon as possible to commence procurements to engage resources and managed services necessary to build the new environment.
The successful candidate will have previous experience drafting and managing Commonwealth procurement for ICT goods, services.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and all relevant additional procurement related policies and legislation
- Demonstrated experience in conducting complex end-to-end ICT procurement including drafting complex procurement documentation
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing procurement and contracting risk, including development of comprehensive risk assessments
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Relevant qualifications and/or industry certification. eg. Diploma or Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting) or equivalent