Must possess, or be eligible for, a Baseline Security Clearance.
The department is looking to engage an enthusiastic Infrastructure Architect to join, architecture advises and actively supports the agency’s project and teams, whilst also providing strategic technical direction and insight across the broader business.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Work collaboratively with the service design team and Indigo Program technical teams to design the solution approach for Tranche 2 work packages (aligned with the future state design)
• Contribute to the development, assurance, and/or maintenance of the agency’s solution architecture artefacts, including application strategies, architectures, technology roadmaps, policies, and practices.
• This role involves providing solutions by contributing to Design Authority Forums, Solution Design Workshops and Architecture Governance Forums covering technologies and platforms such as DevOps, Azure, M365, VMware
and many others.
• Based on review findings, document identified issues, risks, and opportunities, together with associated actionable recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience working as an application Solutions Architect working in on-premises, cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Demonstrated experience assisting Federal Government build and operate applications and services in on-premises, full cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Deep knowledge and experience with Microsoft development practices, platforms, and technologies, including:
• Familiarity and experience in working with the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework, specifically Enterprise Scale Landing Zones
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Azure technologies, patterns, frameworks and better practices including for:
o Enterprise grade, multi-region deployment of large scale, complex
o Hybrid cloud solution implementations;
o Scalable and highly available architectures
o Monitoring and Alerting in an enterprise environment
o Recovery services and backup methodologies
• Demonstrated experience across enterprise networks in on-premises, full cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
• Proven ability to deliver and document solutions that meet requirements and align with operational constraints and strategic vision.
• Strong documentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate clearly between business areas and technical teams.
• Experience in designing, defining and deploying Infrastructure as Code within an Azure cloud environment using both ARM and Bicep.
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
• Agile working methodologies
• CI/CD Pipeline engineering and management
• Service integrations
• Repository management and branching
• Flexible skillset and a willingness to learn new and merging technologies with an enterprise focus.
• A willingness to undergo security vetting at the Negative Vetting 1 level.