Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking to expand your IT Cloud delivery experience?
We are seeking PMs with skills across infrastructure and cloud migration type projects to join our team in Canberra. This customer is undertaking a major overhaul of the environment with a migration to Microsoft Modern workplace Cloud. You will be based in Canberra, but this agency has several remote sites across the country.
This is a great opportunity to work with an IT-focused organisation, where you will experience a range of projects in a small government agency.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for a mix of small to medium-sized projects. Prepares detailed statements of work and gains concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjusts accordingly. Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
- Assists in the staffing of projects. Organises project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments, and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
- Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met.
- Performs on-going review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to the project which may involve changes to technical requirements, business requirements, and schedule.
- Manages client, company, and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing, and monitoring project metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with project management methodologies such as Prince 2/Agile including budget development, project planning, control, and assurance methodologies, project management software, and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to the area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium-sized projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Australian citizenship is necessary. We can assist with security clearances.