Must be able to obtain Negative Vetting Level 1
This is a unique opportunity to gain ICT infrastructure experience in a junior level role.
The role will work under the supervision of a senior infrastructure engineer gaining experience performing routine:
- infrastructure operations and maintenance activities with a primarily a focus on Datacentre Facilities and infrastructure relocations,
- infrastructure performance monitoring, reporting and issue resolution, and
- tasks to build their understanding of ICT infrastructure components and services by following the activities of experienced colleagues.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
- a strong desire to be an ICT Professional with a willingness to self-improve and develop ICT knowledge and skills,
- have a strong attention to detail,
- be able to work independently for short periods of time and as part of a larger team,
- be highly motivated to identify areas for improvement and discuss options for improvements with experienced colleagues, and
- hold an Australian drivers license (as the candidate will be required to work across multiple Canberra based locations as they gain experience).
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure concepts not limited to networking, compute, virtualisation, storage, backup, telephony, audio visual.
- Experience in troubleshooting in any IT infrastructure related discipline.
- Strong desire to be an ICT Infrastructure professional and willingness to learn evidenced by recent completion of an ICT qualification.
- Australian driver’s licence.
- Experience with Data Centre infrastructure not limited to structured cabling, racking equipment, cabling equipment, rack layout diagrams, diverse power concepts, and cooling concepts.
- Experience with performing stocktake / audits in any industry.
- Knowledge of the ISM (Information Security Manual) and how it may relate to IT infrastructure.