Must be able to obtain Positive Vetting
- Bachelor degree (4 years or higher postgraduate) in engineering in an ICT related discipline suitable to achieve membership of the Institution of Engineers.
- Bachelor degree (3 years or higher postgraduate) in ICT suitable to achieve technologist in the Institution of Engineers.
- Extensive experience (over 10 years) with design, build, and test functions of ICT Systems, Networks and associated Software.
- Networking – Design, Implementation, and assessment of networked systems within either tactical or enterprise environments
- Joint Fires Systems – Detailed knowledge, experience, and implementation detail of Australian Joint Fires systems and software and their networking integration into the LCS
- C4 Software – Experience with implementation, configuration, assessment, and extensions of military C4 systems and software
- Tactical Data Links – Detailed knowledge and implementation details of TADL formats and protocols and ability to analyse and assess vendor implementations of these formats
- Enterprise Architecture – Design, implementation, and assessment of CIOG accredited systems
- Distributed Systems – Experience with distributed system design, implementation, and assessment
- Tactical Networking Bearers and Waveforms – Experience with the design, implementation, and analysis of tactical networking bearers, radio RF design, waveform design, and integration
- Strategic Networking Bearers and Waveforms – Experience with the design, implementation, and analysis of strategic networking bearers (SATCOM, MUOS, etc.), associated modems and equipment, waveform design, and integration
- Software Design and Management – Detailed experience with the design, programming knowledge, analysis, and assessment of large software systems
- Autonomous Systems – Detailed experience with the design, implementation, and assessment of autonomous military platforms and the software/hardware required for integration into a military force
- AS GxA Experience – Detailed knowledge and experience with the AS GxA standards: AS Generic Vehicle Architecture (GVA), AS Land Data Model (LDM), AS Generic Soldier Architecture (GSA), and the Vehicle Standard Operating Environment (VSOE)
- Has knowledge of National WHS legislative requirements and Military Safety policies & standards including their applicability to Safety, Risk and Hazard management
- Demonstrated evidence of working within, and leading, multi-discipline teams
- High-order organisational, oral and written communications skills
- High-order stakeholder management skills (internal and cross-organisation)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to provide technical oversight and advice on multiple projects
- Ability to establish and manage executable key technical and engineering artefacts
- Highly self-motivated, driven, and passionate about the success of military technology programs
- Experience with:
1) Being a senior project engineer
2) Providing strategic, high level advice to senior technical and executive staff on technical, design, and risk management items, (including escalation as appropriate)
3) Delivering within PRINCE 2, MSP, or P30 and AGILE process frameworks
4) Defence engineering processes, preferably within the Land Domain.
5) Delivering within the ODCS environment
It is preferable the MDS LIF-D SME has the following qualifications and experience:
- Chartered Professional Engineer or Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- A principled approach to constructive, logical, and rational decision making (or desire to operate this way)
- Defence Smart Buyer experience
- Domain experience – Military Land Capability Systems Integration
- Understanding of the Commonwealth procurement process. An arrangement where the key persons require direct support from their parent company to facilitate delivery of the required services is considered not suitable.