Must be able to obtain Negative Vetting Level 1
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Participate in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to develop and
enhance a C# based, n-tier, enterprise software and associated documentation in
accordance with AEC Standards.
• Develop automated application build and deployment scripts using the .NET
environment (.NET Core), and additional Microsoft technology stack.
• Follow the Agile Methodology for software development using tools such as Azure
• Liaise with technical and business area staff to facilitate the rapid resolution of
issues and/or faults within fielded production.
• Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management,
preparation, and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
• May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the
development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity,
and encouraging career development.
• Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing
stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals and represent the agency by
promoting its interests in various forums.
• Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance, and reporting on team functional
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise, and
knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or
relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance
with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and
• Demonstrated experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies &
• Experience with Visual Studio.
• Backend development experience using web API and SQL technologies.
• Demonstrated experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Strong experience in Developing automated application build and deployment
scripts using the .NET environment (.NET Core), and additional Microsoft
• Demonstrated experience with cloud-based applications development.
• Ability to produce well designed, documented, and testable code.
• Peer review of developed products and scripts.
• Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality
results on time and on budget.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs
and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
• Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and
contribute to business improvement strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging
career development and promoting professionalism.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science (or other
• Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and
• Australian Citizenship with a willingness to undergo security vetting at the
Negative Vetting NV1 level.
• Experience in Cloud-based technologies.
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
• Experience in technical analysis and design.
• Implement integration requirements to perform end to end solution designs.