Must be able to obtain Baseline Security Clearance.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- This role is a leadership role where you will work with a team of .Net Developers as part of an Agile Delivery Team (ADT).
- The role is responsible for undertaking very complex and/or sensitive work, under broad direction, utilising expertise across a range of activities relating to the design of software applications.
- In partnership with clients and other stakeholders, apply strategic and systems expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards.
- In collaboration with other teams in the work area, investigate and resolve complex issues with the operation of an application
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and that a high standard of technical and design documentation is provided
- Manage client relationships and work in line with project budgets
- Be responsible for project progress reporting and ensure compliance with governance processes
- Provide guidance, mentoring and capability development to less experienced and more junior developers
- Lead and manage a team to ensure high quality outputs, including building team capability to maintain a high level of expertise and encouraging career development.
- Provide high quality and timely advice internally and externally, including guidance and reporting to Branch leadership and the Senior Executive cohort including, Executive Leadership Team in relation to section/Branch functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
- Work within an agile environment using Safe.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies & documentation, including estimation and planning.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Backend development experience using web API and SQL technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong experience in Developing automated application build and deployment scripts using the .NET environment (.NET Core), and additional Microsoft technology stack.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based applications development.
- Ability to produce well designed, documented, and testable code.
- Peer review of developed products and scripts.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development, and promoting professionalism.
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time restraints and with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships, including across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven conceptual and analytical abilities with sound knowledge of change management practices and techniques to enable innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development and embedding professionalism.
- Relevant qualifications in information technology.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and practice.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience in technical analysis and design.
- Implement integration requirements to perform end to end solution designs.