• Must be an Australian Citizen.
• Must be able to obtain a National Police Check.
• Must be able to obtain Baseline Clearance
• Applicants may be required to undergo psychometric testing
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Participate in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to develop and
enhance a C# based, n-tier, enterprise software and associated documentation in
accordance with Standards.
• Develop automated application build and deployment scripts using the .NET
environment (.NET Core), and additional Microsoft technology stack.
• Follow the Agile Methodology for software development using tools such as Azure
• Liaise with technical and business area staff to facilitate the rapid resolution of
issues and/or faults within fielded production.
• Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management,
preparation, and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
• May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the
development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity,
and encouraging career development.
• Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing
stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals and represent the agency by
promoting its interests in various forums.
• Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance, and reporting on team functional
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise, and
knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or
relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance
with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and
• Demonstrated experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies &
• Experience with Visual Studio.
• Backend development experience using web API and SQL technologies.
• Demonstrated experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Strong experience in Developing automated application build and deployment
scripts using the .NET environment (.NET Core), and additional Microsoft
• Demonstrated experience with cloud-based applications development.
• Ability to produce well designed, documented, and testable code.
• Peer review of developed products and scripts.
• Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality
results on time and on budget.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs
and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
• Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and
contribute to business improvement strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging
career development, and promoting professionalism.
• Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and
Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science (or other
Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of Australian electoral law and
A willingness to undergo security vetting at the Negative Vetting NV1 level.
Experience in Cloud-based technologies.
Exposure to Microsoft Azure Dev Ops.
Experience in technical analysis and design.
Implement integration requirements to perform end to end solution designs.