Must have a NV1 clearance
As a Network Engineer, the successful candidate will be provided with a unique opportunity to undertake challenging and rewarding work.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- design and maintenance of complex ICT networks;
- production of network design, design patterns, configurations and documentation in accordance with policy and procedures;
- implement, configure and maintain devices including Cisco Nexus Switches, HPE Switching, Citrix Load balancers and VMWare NSX components;
- develop procedures and undertake routine installations and de-installations of hardware and/or software and
- develop hybrid cloud networks.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
- highly developed network design and configuration skills, and
- proven ability to work with an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in complex ICT network design and maintenance including the ability to;
- produce and document network designs, design patterns, configurations and operational procedures in accordance with ASD guidelines, and
- undertake routine installations and de-installations of hardware and/or software.
- Demonstrated experience in gateway technologies including remote access, proxies and firewalls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the implementation, configuration and maintenance of devices including Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco ACI, HPE Switching, Citrix Load balancers and VMware NSX components.
- Use network management software and tools to investigate and diagnose network problems, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Demonstrated experience in design and configuration of data centre networks and/or cloud networks.
- Design and implementation of networks using automation toolsets.
- Strong administrative and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize work, allocate tasks and to work independently when required.