Network Support Engineer Job Description
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
This position will suit a versatile Engineer who will work in the capacity of 1st, 2nd, 3rd level Support and assist our Senior Network engineers in Implementation works. Candidates must be willing to work weekends (5 days a week including weekends) as some of our customers require weekend support.
We are looking for an outgoing and positive professional with hands on technical experience who enjoys interacting with clients. This is a self-sufficient role in a busy organisation that requires, at a minimum, the ability for you to organise your own work, set priorities and meet critical client and company deadlines.
Sydney based – with the ability to work from home after a settling in period.
- Level 1, 2 and 3 help desk support
- Help implementing customer projects and changes
- Work closely with external customers in service-related issues
- Ticket management, triage and escalations via ServiceNow
- Work within external customers support teams to provide timely resolutions within SLA’s
- Onsite support to external customers across Sydney, and on rare occasions, across NSW
The successful candidate must be a permanent Australian resident, have a driver’s license and will possess some or all of the following:
- Experience and skills in implementing and supporting the below-mentioned vendor’s
- One or more vendor certifications (preferably for the below-mentioned vendors)
- preferred Experience with Aruba Networking Technology such as Aruba Switch and WLAN solutions, Aruba ClearPass, Aruba Airwave
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing telephonic support to clients
- Strong general knowledge of networking and wireless technologies
- Knowledge of Layer 4- 7 protocols
- Experience in troubleshooting network and upper layer problems
- Experience in professional services or IT consultancy
- Experience with help desk support
- Proficient in LAN / WAN
- Proficient in Wireless Technologies
It is preferable that the candidate possess or be in the process of obtaining at least one of the below certifications:
- Cisco CCNA – Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNA – Datacentre
- Cisco CCNA – Wireless
- Aruba Certified Switching Associate(ACSA)
- Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP)
The Candidate possessing one or more of the above certifications and any of the below certifications would be highly regarded in the application process:
- Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA)
- Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional (ACCP)
- Aruba Certified Design Professional (ACCP)
- Cisco CCNA Security
- Cisco CCDA
- Cisco CCNP – Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP – Datacentre
- Cisco CCNP – Wireless
- Cisco CCNP – Security
- Palo Alto – Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Palo Alto PSE: Foundation
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) Number
Work & grow
The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow their existing skills along with exposure to new skills and vendors. We place an emphasis on training and development of skills which are not currently held by the successful candidate.
The salary for this role is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.