SFIA Level- NTDS L5
Must have a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) security clearance and ability to upgrade to NV2.
The Network Technician will be required to perform and/or have responsibility for duties including, but not limited to:
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation and continuous integration) to create a robust integration framework.
- Develop concept and capability in alignment with technical requirements, including criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, and access.
- Translate logical designs into detailed designs and implement solutions as per agreed network architecture patterns.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of artefacts such as Build Guides, As-Built-As-Configured Documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), etc.
- Contribute to the development of system integration policies, standards, and tools.
- Collaborate with vendor/supplier specialists to provide solutions and optimise designs to achieve expected outcomes. It is expected that the candidate may not be familiar with certain technologies or products but will be able to gain a working knowledge rapidly based on their prior knowledge and experience.
- Work with peers in a highly collaborative and high-performing team environment.
Required skills and experience
- Over 5 years’ experience in implementing large scale ICT networks (i.e. switching and routing) using Arista equipment.
- Detailed knowledge of different cyber security and network technologies
- Knowledge and experience in working on geographically dispersed and constrained networks, the associated security threat landscape and related mitigations.
- Experience in developing solutions for private cloud or tenancy.
- Experience in building and deploying within a segmented network environment, with focus on virtualization and platform layer.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in implementing and testing Quality of Service (QoS) DSCP markings of traffic to meet defined standards within secure federated environments
- Basic understanding of Hypervisor/Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Active Directory and PKI certificate services
- Ability to take requirements, standards, and frameworks and apply them in a practical application to future proposed solution designs and systems.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment to meet changing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Experience in developing highly available/fault tolerant systems, networks, and infrastructure in a connected, partially connected, degraded, or often disconnected state.
- Skills and experience configuring the following technologies:
- Fortinet Fortigate
- F5 BIG-IP
- Riverbed Steelhead
- VMWare vSphere / ESXi / NSX
- Nutanix AHV
- Cisco Unified Communications VOIP/VTC systems
- Skills and in-depth knowledge of the following scripting languages: