Commercial in Confidence 1 of 3
Business/Department Datacom Systems (AU) Pty Ltd Location Canberra
Reports to Property Manager Direct
Special Requirements Either an Australian Citizen, Visa to work in Australia or Permanent Resident.
Role Overview and Objectives
This role is reception based that will report to the Property Manager East Coast.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, office management and executive
support related tasks and must be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Working in a constantly
evolving environment, you must be exceedingly well organised, flexible, and have experience in both office and people
You are able to interact confidently with staff at all levels in an exceptionally fast paced environment. You will have a
strong sense of urgency in delivering, solid decision making ability while managing multiple priorities, possess a high
level of written and verbal communication skills, and an acute attention to detail. You will have the skills to manage a
high volume of work, with prior experience in executive and office support.
Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft suite of programs specifically Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint, Word, Excel
The Office Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Business Support
• Management of office Access Cards and security System, inclusive of commissioning and decommissioning
users, pulling reports as required.
• Visitor and Contractor Management, including issuing temporary access cards, overseeing sign in process
• Management of all site access key usage.
• Onboarding and Offboarding management for the office, tasks include but not limited to facilitation of
onboarding/offboarding, office induction (WHS, Fire exits etc.), and confirm collection of all equipment on last
• Provide Reception services for the Canberra Office, including delivery management, answering incoming calls,
management of inboxes, mail collection, distribution of post, audit and maintain register of temp visitor and
• Maintain supplies, includes auditing and ordering stationery, paper, and kitchen supplies.
• Maintain the office, including but not limited to daily floor walks to maintain cleanliness and order to main
reception area, utility rooms, and kitchens.
• Manage catering requirements and requests for internal meetings.
• UBER Administrator – setting up/removing UBER accounts
• Key Travel Administrator, booking National and International staff travel requests including flights,
accommodation, visa requirements, car hire and keeping to processing and procedure guidelines.
• Generating Purchase Order requests and placing administration orders as required.
• Assist Property Manager and Building owner with facilities maintenance, security, and carpark management.
• Assist in maintaining information in the registers and SharePoint.
Commercial in Confidence 2 of 3
• Manage the process and relationships with external providers for catering, courier, stationery, and other
business support vendors while ensuring compliance to finance requirements.
• Understand and provide tech support of Datacom’s internal meeting room tech including teleconferences,
video-conferences and Surface Hubs; printers and Visitor management system
• Build cross-functional relationships between departments.
• Multi-task and change direction quickly.
• Effective control of emergency situations, incident reporting and completion of risk assessments, hazard
• Communicate daily with internal and external customers.
• Ensure and maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation.
• Format and proof site related comms and documents.
• Other duties as assigned by management or Location Lead.
• Assist with internal and external ISO audits
2. Prepare expenses, schedule meetings and events
• Schedule internal and customer meetings.
• Support where required for internal event coordination and occasional annual offsite events.
• Arrange customer events where required.
• Support the coordination of internal employee engagement events. Tasks include: assisting sourcing items,
costing out events, shopping for required items.
• Assist to coordinate internal and external meetings and manage the meeting room booking system.
• Assistance with management of Board activity.
• Assist and sometimes lead event management when required.
3. General Administration Assistance
• Provide administration assistance to Location Lead.
• Printing, binding and laminating documents.
• Maintenance for Reception phone lists (Employees and suppliers).
• Maintain Maintenance & Compliance Register.
• Maintain MSDS register and First Aid/Emergency Warden Registers.
• Provide adhoc administration support for the general office
Key Working Relationships
The Office Coordinator role will build relationships with the following:
• Property Manager
• General Managers & Senior Management
• Group Facilities Manager AU
• Group Property and Procurement Team
• External stakeholders & suppliers
Core and Leadership Capabilities
All Datacom roles have a common foundation which focuses performance to deliver services with fresh-thinking and
enduring high-performance in accordance with Datacom’s values.
Core Capability Description
Fresh-Thinking Committed to continuous improvement and develops innovative and creative solutions
that add value to Datacom and its customers.
High Performing Works efficiently and effectively to achieve sustainable excellence.
Commercial in Confidence 3 of 3
Open and Honest Openly shares knowledge, sets expectations, provides meaningful advice, and gives and
receives constructive feedback with all stakeholders.
Diversely Collaborative Initiates, advocates and leverages opportunities to work with a diverse range of
individuals and groups internally and externally to benefit Datacom.
Quality Driven Is guided by principles and values and acts with integrity to deliver superior outcomes.
Customer Focussed Identifies and anticipates the needs of internal and external customers to deliver services
that meet and exceed expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience
Knowledge • Excellent verbal/written skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Managing a schedule of tasks
• Ability to develop and document process
• Awareness of security protocol – ID checks
Skills • People Engagement – effective people
relationship skills, grounded with excellent
verbal/written and presentation delivery
• Resilience – adaptable and able to provide
a leading example of personal resilience
and commitment to service outcomes
across the Account.
• Problem Solving – well practiced problem
solving skills geared to effective and
practical outcomes for all affected parties,
and able to develop new solutions to
• Strong administration and time
management skills and ability to solve
critical problems in a timely manner
• Complaint resolution management skills
• Function planning
Experience • Minimum 2 years’ office management.
• Experience coordinating travel and large
• Telecommunications administration
experience will be an advantage.
• Previous experience managing a high
volume of work
Qualifications and Certifications
Business admin or equivalent certification
Employee Name: ………………………………………………….
Signature: …………………………………………………. Date:……………………………….