An exciting opportunity is available to be part of a multi-year product team to revitalise IP Australia’s core Designs business system.
At IP Australia you will play an important role in the Designs System Revitalisation Project which is at the forefront of service improvement through better digital tools while piloting and embedding new Agile delivery methods and Human Centred Design (HCD) approaches.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and competent Developer to build and release IP Australia’s Designs system. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in building releasing large complex (SaaS and PaaS) systems and integrating them with other systems and will have deep understanding of micro-services architecture, AWS, Pega (ideally version 8.8), Low-code applications platforms and UI frameworks (including Pega’s Cosmos and Constellation) and DevOps practices.
As part of a high-performing Agile team, you will:
- Develop high-quality solutions for the Features and User Stories
- Assist the Tech Lead and Solution Architect to identify and manage technical risks
- Collaborate with the Delivery Manager, Service Designer, Solution Architect, Developers, and Database Administrators, to define appropriate design patterns and designs for development.
- Develop a strong understanding of user needs and take part in technical deep dive workshops to explore technical design options.
- Assist running Proof of Concepts and running technical spikes.
- Assist the Solution Architect and Tech Lead to create and maintain detailed designs at a level sufficient to enable build work to commence, based on user stories and established Solution on a Page (SOAP), High-Level Design, and enterprise architecture guardrails and constraints.
- Take part in team activities, including Feature and User story refinement, effort estimations and planning.
- Maintain high quality development standards required to build a high-quality and effective system.
- Take part in peer review and testing activities as required.
- Document ‘as-built’ product design details for software deployed to production.
- Document technical work instructions and documentation that enable BAU teams to maintain and support the system.
Applicants are expected to be highly motivated to build their corporate knowledge of the complex business and technical areas at IP Australia, relevant to their role.
- 5+ years in developing in Pega.
- Proven experience Developing in agile teams.
- Experience developing PaaS and SaaS products.
- Experience in Pega 8.8.
- Experience with VUE.JS development.
- Experience with MuleSoft and java API’s.
- Experience with AWS.