Must have a Baseline clearance
- Lead the coordination and development of briefing products, policy advice and talking points for Taskforce Executive, to inform and influence government deliberations and outcomes.
- Use knowledge of Government policy agenda to influence trade simplification objectives and monitor strategic developments across Government.
- Develop, sustain and leverage productive relationships with Government agencies, industry organisations and business.
- Develop engagement plans, organise meetings and provide high-quality secretariat support for STS to connect with industry and Government stakeholders.
- Support planning and reporting through preparation of status updates and identification of any compliance and risk issues that may affect the long-term goals of the Taskforce.
- An existing network of federal government agency contacts in the area of digital economy, transformation and data policy
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with an understanding of government processes and experience representing the government in inter-agency and external engagements
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to craft high quality briefs, talking points and meeting notes with little direction
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient to working in a highly contested environment and able to re-prioritise work at a moment’s notice
Location of work – ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Offsite
Working arrangements – The requirement is to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Policy and Engagement Specialist, ideally within government.
- Proven ability to deliver requirements and aligns with organisational constraints of multiple agencies/entities.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.