We are seeking experienced policy and program professionals to fill vacancies across the branch. You will research, interpret, and apply complex legislation as well as analyse and provide expertise regarding complex issues. You will support a remotely working team to deliver a range of services including project evaluation and status reporting.
The successful candidate will enjoy collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a positive, respectful ways. With your excellent project management and policy skills, you will provide well-researched reports, papers and policies for a range of bodies.
Key duties include but aren’t limited to:
- collaborating, communicating and engaging proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to inform policy development
- developing, implementing and managing policy, programs and initiatives
- developing high quality policy products – including timely, considered advice – on a range of issues
- representing the department/team in meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- negotiating to resolve competing positions or conflict in the context of sensitive / difficult issues
- managing and mentoring team members
Skills and capabilities
We are looking for people who think creatively, strategically, and differently. As our ideal candidate you will be highly motivated and organised, an enthusiastic team player who values relationships and takes responsibility. You will have sound judgement, communicate with influence, and think strategically, applying strong problem identification, conceptual, and analytical skills to offer solutions.
Knowledge and experience
Valued but not essential is working knowledge and experience relevant to biosecurity.
What we are looking for
- A working knowledge of Commonwealth-state-territory relations, including cross jurisdictional policy development.
- An understanding of the national biosecurity system.
- An ability to represent the department and experience in running a secretariat/ secretariat administration.
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience would be an advantage.
We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements – please speak to the contact officer for further details.
Citizenship – To be eligible for employment you must be an Australian citizen.
Security Clearance – This position requires a Baseline Vetting security clearance. You will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.