Baseline clearance preferred.
Do you want to make a real contribution to the success of Australia?
Whether your passion lies with matters of priority to the Government’s policy agenda, or whether you
are motivated by providing exceptional governance and corporate functions to provide enabling
support to our Department and the Governments operation – this department has a role for you.
The APS4/5 Procurement Adviser:
• is the first point of contact on the Procurement Helpdesk including triaging and escalating
• Assists in providing general procurement advice and guidance in accordance with the
Commonwealth Procurement Rules
• Provides timely and accurate advice on the different procurement methods
• Assists in reviewing procurement documentation including approaches to market and work
• Assists clients with the finance system (Finance One)
• Reviews and updating client procedures
• Assists in managing panel information
• Provides administrative support
• Assists in the delivery of projects and tasks allocated by the Team Leader
• Manages workload to ensure focus time, attendance at courses and room for self-development
• Ad hoc duties related to procurement.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
• Willingness to learn about procurement
• Be flexible and organised with the ability to multitask
• Strong client service skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to contribute to a high performing and harmonious team environment
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Certificate IV in Government Procurement would be an advantage.