The AEC is seeking to engage a Procurement and Contract Specialist to support the Modernisation Program Delivery team.
Purpose of the role
The Procurement and Contract Specialist will work closely with the Procurement and Contracts Manager to assist in the successful delivery of procurements being undertaken by the Indigo Program.
The Procurement and Contract Specialist reports to the Procurement and Contracts Manager. Although tasks will be allocated by the Procurement and Contracts Manager this role will operate with a large degree of autonomy.
Key position responsibilities
• Draft and provide quality assurance on procedural, governance and procurement documentation;
• Coordinate and facilitate procurement related meetings and workshops, including but not limited to industry briefings and evaluation sessions;
• Coordinate and administer procurement related correspondence;
• Develop and administer procurement and contract management risk assessments;
• Provide advice and guidance on procurement and contract management to internal stakeholders;
• Communicate using professional judgement, evaluating risks in the context of a complex and changing environment;
• Support contract establishment and negotiation activities;
• Develop and administer contract management plans;
• Undertake general contract management responsibilities; and
• Additional duties as directed by the Portfolio Director or Procurement and Contracts Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Mandatory:
• Comprehensive experience with and understanding of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and all relevant additional procurement related policies and legislation
• Demonstrated experience conducting complex end-to-end procurement approaches
• Demonstrated experience drafting complex procurement documentation including but not limited to general procurement documentation and contractual agreements
• Demonstrated experience successfully administering contracts
• Knowledge and experience in successfully managing risk, including the development of comprehensive risk assessments
• Demonstrated experience in delivering positive results with time restraints and competing priorities
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and navigate complex stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters
• Relevant qualifications and / or industry certification. For example, Diploma of Government and/or Certificate IV in Government (Procurement and Contracting) or equivalent