Procurement Specialist Role (APS6 or above, equivalent)
You will be responsible for performing a range of procurement functions including independently undertaking simple and complex procurement, managing approaches to market to obtain quotes and tenders, and assisting the department to meet its statutory obligations by collating and preparing various documentation.
You will also be responsible for providing timely advice, reporting and resolution on more complex issues and providing support to the team.
The role requires a thorough understanding of Commonwealth Procurement Rules including current procurement policies and procedures.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience including:
• experience in procurement or contract management functions in a government department is essential
• track record of assisting team members in delivering business goals and quality customer service, is desirable
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills including track record of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with senior managers, vendors and other stakeholders.
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• experience in procuring Labour Hire and/or ICT goods or services, including Hardware and Software with the ability to translate technical requirements into procurement or commercial documentation would be highly regarded.
Clearance – NV1 is mandatory