Police Check required
Key duties of the role: Undertake standard public affairs work, including:
- Undertake new, complex or critical public affairs work, under a routine level of supervision in the dissemination and/or marketing of public information, including:
- Prepare more complex materials for public relations or public communications activities
- Prepare drafts of speeches, media releases, web content and other promotional materials
- Edit the work of PAO 1 and/or other contributors
- Develop and implement communication strategies for less complex public affairs activities
- Advise internal stakeholders regarding communications approaches and strategies
- Undertake media backgrounding
- Brief enabling services and suppliers such as graphic designers, video production, web design and publication.
- Prepare submissions, briefs and correspondence
- Undertake research and analysis of issues relevant to the work area and undertake evaluation of the impact of communications strategies, including making recommendations for change as needed
- Liaise within the department and assist in liaison with external stakeholders as appropriate
- Arrange and support meetings, events and working groups
- Manage or assist in managing a team including leading, developing, coaching and providing constructive feedback to staff, monitoring budgets and team performance.
• A good understanding, or the ability to quickly gain a good understanding, of the relevant work environment and its relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a track record in producing high quality materials for publication.
- Sound judgement.
- Ability to build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adherence to the department’s Core 4 Values Required qualifications OR relevant experience
A cadetship or a relevant public affairs degree or diploma
5 years’ relevant work experience