SFIA Level – PROF L5
Have and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) security clearance before commencement of work. Ability to upgrade to NV2 as required and requested by the Commonwealth.
The Scheduler will be required to perform and/or have responsibility for duties including, but not limited to:
- Implement and use mechanisms to measure, record, and report progress of activities to the agreed schedule and plans.
- Review progress throughout the project lifecycle and maintain schedule ensuring consistency with changing scope, objectives, and constraints related to time and resource availability.
- Regularly analyse options to identify variances and forecast impacts on the schedule.
- Develop responses to perceived, potential or actual risk and schedule changes and obtaining approvals where necessary to implement them to meet project objectives.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with all relevant stakeholders regarding schedule status, risks, and trends.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor project timelines and deadlines.
- Identify potential project schedule delays, reporting, escalating and facilitating intervention in a timeframe expected within the project thresholds and tolerances.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working on a large ICT project.
- Experience in project support, scheduling, project administration and team management/support.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software, such as MS Project and Jira.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of presentation and engagement with stakeholders, projects and business areas.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to adapt to changing project priorities.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, or in a related field
- Experience in Project Management methodologies (Agile, Prince2, PMBOK).
- Experience using Atlassian (Jira & Confluence) in a large project environment.