People who are successful in this position must have the following pre-requisites:
- Highly developed policy analysis and development skills.
- Strong administrative and supervisory
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite
- Highly developed verbal and written communications and numerical
- Highly developed ability to negotiate policy positions with government and industry stakeholders.
People who are successful in this position must demonstrate the following behavioural capabilities:
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Deciding, taking responsibility, taking calculated risks, taking initiative, generating activity.
- Working with People – Understanding others, adapting to others, rewarding others, listening, consulting, supporting, caring.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Acting with integrity and ethics, ensuring equal opportunities, using diversity, considering community and environment.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaking clearly and fluently, expressing opinions, making presentations, responding to an audience, showing credibility.
- Writing and Reporting – Writing clearly, succinctly and correctly, convincing through writing,
- Analysing – Analysing information, probing for clarity, producing solutions, making judgements, thinking systematically.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, setting high quality and quantity standards, working systematically, achieving project goals.