Reporting to the Team Lead – Business Intelligence, Managed Data Services, the data control officer is responsible for assisting in monitoring, receipting, validating insurance regulatory information supplied by insurers and other Government agencies. Some of the responsibilities include;
- Insurer Data Quality meetings are in place to discuss any errors or issues that the insurers are facing. Currently, separate DQ meetings are held monthly with icare and GIO. Meetings occur with all other insurers on an ad-hoc basis, as required.
- When a new insurer (generally, Self insurer or Group-Self insurer) needs to be added, the DQX Senior Data Control Officer is required to go through this process to create an insurer ID for the employer and to have the insurer added to the DX portal
- Responsible for investigating and actioning Policy suppressions on SIRAs side and approving requests provided by insurers. The officer also provides feedback regarding those error requests to the insurer, whether approved or rejected.
- Types of Occurrence Classification System (TOOCS) training is provided to insurers and other organisations (as requested) to assist in classifying injuries, diseases, and their occurrences.
- Perform User Acceptance Tests for minor developments systems such as OMS, Data Exchange Portal, ETL and CDR applications. Liaise with IT Administrator to discuss required changes, perform testing in UAT environment.
- Provide support to insurers on claims and policy portability as requested and should there be data discrepancies in insurers system migration
- Maintain Data Quality Exchange (DQX) reference data