The Senior Learning Systems Administrator will assist the department to meet its organisational needs in the management of the department’s Learning Management System (Learnhub), providing oversight of governance, content and user support.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the department’s increased focus on building organisational capability, whilst working in a positive and cohesive team environment.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in continuous maintenance and improvement of the departments Learning Management System , including suggesting and implementing changes to processes and functions.
- Take initiative to identify and raise system/process oversights or issues both internally and with vendors, while also identifying and testing system/process improvements.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) on system improvements.
- Provide in depth advice on function usages and roll out and develop departmental material as required.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders where required to support eLearning and blended learning solutions for the department.
- Contribute to the development and review of innovative learning and development strategies and other specific projects as required.
- Assist with the preparation of briefs and reporting from the LMS, including Senate Estimates input and preparation of ad-hoc data requests.
- Undertake the Quality Assurance process for publishing training material.
- Review, document and publish LMS procedures, user guides L&D policies and procedures while taking the initiative to suggest improvements.
- Maintain an understanding of Learning policies, procedures and guidelines in which the team operates.
- Assist team members as required where extra resources may be needed to complete an urgent or escalating task.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with HR information systems or large databases with sensitive information.
- Experience working in a team that provides a broad range of support.
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve team goals and building strong and effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering results under pressure.
- Proven experience in designing, developing and implementing L&D programs, projects and courses through facilitation and digital/eLearning will be an advantage.
Skills and capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become familiar with the systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively liaise with peers, management, and stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability and drive to identify issues and contribute to the resolution of issues and problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, tools and processes.
- Ability to represent the work area at internal and external meetings and conferences