Services to be provided include, but not limited to the following:
- Managing the department’s personnel security arrangements including security clearance processes, ongoing suitability requirements, pre-employment screening suitability assessments, separation activities and aftercare programs.
- Identifying and managing personnel security risks in accordance with the requirements of the PSPF.
- Managing eligibility and suitability of personnel including citizenship waivers, temporary access and exceptions
- Manage the department’s security investigations and incident management.
- Managing personnel security educational processes and departmental engagement.
- Provide security briefings as required.
- Providing specialist/technical/professional advice across a broad range of security issues, including personnel security, insider threat, security risk management and security governance.
- Manage the personnel security arrangements within portfolio entities.
- Manage the governance and reporting arrangements within the section.
Essential – Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Personnel Security Adviser in Federal Government
Mandatory qualification – Certificate IV in Government Security (Personnel Vetting), or equivalent is required.