To ensure your success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- Big data platform delivery experience.
- Willing to lead end to end solutions working with client architects but also be able to support tech delivery teams to trouble issues and provide technical leadership in a complex client environment
- 3+ years’ experience in a large and complex financial services organisation.
- 7+ years’ experience within projects and/or delivery of business and technology solutions, involving the engineering of complex data processes.
- 7+ years of Advanced experience particularly in data manipulation.
- 3+ years hands-on experience using Unix/Linux servers.
- 3+ years of experience in data quality analysis and remediation.
- Good Knowledge of Cloud Platforms and Big Data Analytics using Hadoop and Azure.
- Detailed understanding of quantitative analytics, its methodologies, and data processes. This role aims to enhance and innovate the data processes that underpin analytical activities.
- Excellent business analysis skills to work through data issues and credit risk data elements.
- Strong verbal communication skills to convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain messages.
- Strong written skills to be able to articulate and present findings to senior stakeholders and produce deliverables.
- Ability to manage own time to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Strong collaborative work practices in an agile, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work closely with a range of people across the Bank to complete the work.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to go the extra mile
- Ability to work in a demanding and high pace environment
The Solution Designer’s role is the intersection of analytics, systems, and project delivery, providing thought leadership and innovation for analytical data.
The function is accountable for the overall solution design of the extraction, transformation and creation of analytically ready data, that is, data specifically created in an agile manner for use in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
The main accountability of this role is to play a lead role in designing, governing and implementing strategic risk data solutions which meet the needs of both the business and IT.
This role requires to work closely with the Enterprise Architects, Information Architects and acts as the liaison between the Analytics team, various technology teams including strategic partners and the various business areas.
As a Solution Designer, your detailed responsibilities include –
- Designing optimal solution to prepare analytically ready data for use in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Work with business units to understand credit risk related data elements, including identification of relevant reference data, metadata and data lineage.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an Agile delivery framework.
- Analyse source system data and identify any derived measures that are used by business.
- Development of data definitions, including business rules, physical level data rules, field types, formats, profiling, data sourcing and end usage of the data.
- Data Publication, involving managing the transition of data from a conceptual state, such as a prototype, strategy or model, to operational state in a system for decisioning. Ability to provide the link between systems functions, analytics or modelling and project functions.
- Source data identification, involving identifying the optimal source of the required data variables (e.g., those required for modelling, calculation and reporting).
- Data Investigation – Analyse data for issues to help determine the root cause of the issue and where required, the development of business rules that need to be applied.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on analytical ready data to the analytics, projects, systems and business teams.
- Maintain and enhance analytical data knowledge through the publication of information into the analytics knowledge management solution.
- Development, management and support of analytically ready data.
- The development of analytical data routines for extraction, alignment, transformation and preparation for analytical consumption.
- Engineering, detailed design and optimisation for data processes that exist in the Analytics Data Layer.
- Development and enhancement of the Analytics Data Framework by providing thought leadership on how analytics data needs to be managed, delivered and created.
- The creation and management of automation to schedule data processes and publish analytics
- Embedding of the Agile culture and delivery methodology into the business for on-going changes.
- Experience in data analysis and modelling.
- Hands-on use of the Atlassian toolset of JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket