Must hold a current NV1 clearance to apply.
Location – ACT, Vic
The Storage Engineer will be responsible for facilitating and supporting the engineering process for data storage in our organisation. They are in charge of creating effective storage strategies with the help of information technology specialists with a strong focus on backup and restore.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain operational procedures for storage and backup management,
- Monitor capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics,
- Take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to protect and secure business information,
- Create reports and proposals for improvement, and
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of new installations and scheduled maintenance and changes of existing systems.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
- Highly motivated to seek out areas for improvement,
- Driving continuous service improvement in relation to storage practices,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a larger team,
- Strong security focus, and
- Open to adopting new technologies such as cloud.
- Experience supporting enterprise class: a) backup software and hardware; b) block storage and Fibre Channel software and hardware, and c) NAS software and hardware
- Experience using the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) to guide operation and design of infrastructure.
- Experience with Veeam backup software.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and how it relates to concepts like RTO, RPO, replication, restore.
- Experience with cloud migrations, and integration between cloud and on premise infrastructure.