Must be an Australian Citizen.
- Candidate identifies as a First Nations person, or alternatively, has delegated authority by First Nations elders to speak on behalf of First Nations communities.
- Previous career experience at a senior executive level or, strongly experienced in engaging with and influencing stakeholders at a senior executive level.
- Broad, diverse expertise in First Nations matters, issues and priorities, across different sectors and/or intersectionalities. For example: disability, community services, health, families and early childhood, housing and homelessness, justice and/or child protection.
- Experience in organisational strategy and action plan development.
- Cultural competency, including knowledge and/or experience of safe and inclusive community engagement and facilitation.
- Lived experience of disability.
- Understanding of current research and emerging trends in support for First Nations people with disability.
- Existing relationships with First Nations peak bodies, advocacy organisations, service providers or other organisations.
Candidates from all locations are encouraged to apply. The role is open to working arrangements that are either office-based, hybrid, or remote working. However, a willingness to travel and attend key national governance forums in-person will be strongly preferenced.