The Test Automation SME will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing automation test assets for the program of work, including automation test frameworks. You will have strong technical skills and sound understanding of automation testing accelerators and tools. You will have the ability to apply your automation skills and knowledge to complex, challenging and large systems. You will be a “out of the box” thinker with exceptional organizational skills. You will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and possess strong inter-team communication skills. All these are critical to the success of this role and you will have the ability to apply and demonstrate your automation test development skills.Identifying and navigating industry trends and new technology in non-functional testing where applicable.
- Self-initiated: Proactively apply robust automation testing implementations, frameworks to enforce the automation test solution and support the Test Plans.
- Project/Program-initiated: Develop automation test solutions and scripts using system/application understanding and solution requirements.
- Seek opportunities for Automation testing during the project and across all systems.
- Based on use cases, data consumption, and other variables, build automation testing scripts and maintain automation testing assets.
- Raise defects/issues and provide an implementation plan for their resolution by anticipating similar issues in the future and making proactive activities based on current environment and stakeholder needs.
Deliver the implementation of the Automation Test Architecture and ensure the solution sis robust with optimal performance. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, including DevOps
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance
- A passion for technology and innovation.
- Understanding of automation testing technique, methods and approaches
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Working knowledge of SAP and PEGA and how to automate these technologies.
- Have prior exposure working in an AGILE environments/teams using methodologies such as, SCRUM, KANBAN, XP and exposure to supporting tools.
- Strong knowledge of testing cycles, test tools and defect tracking processes.
- In context of Automation Testing, you will be able to prepare test environment, test data, test scripts and execute automation testing as needed.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- The flexibility to travel to client locations
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using test management tools such as; Microfocus ALM, JIRA, TestRail MTM, XRAY
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in API testing using tools such as; SOUPUI, PostMan, ReadyAPI, RestAssured.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience using automation tools, such as; Selenium, UFT, QTP, Katalan, SilkTest, JMeter or equivalent.
- Ability to implement right-fit test automation implementations
- Have demonstratable experience implementing test automation using accelerators, tools and partnering products.
- Implementation of Automation testing solutions in a Continuous Testing delivery showing knowledge of CI accelerators