Must have a Baseline Clerance.
This role will develop a wide variety of presentation visuals and infographics that help leaders and technical staff understand and adopt various strategies, benefits and programs. As part of a motivated team and branch you will analyse complex information in order to visualise it, in innovative ways, teasing out the narrative that effectively tells the user-centred story. The following tools will be used to communicate a story to a non-technical audience in print, online, multimedia and presentations:
- Other software in a Microsoft environment
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to significantly impact the Australian employment ecosystem by enabling design improvements and features used by millions of people each year. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Distilling complex and/or technical written information into effective visual communication products (such as diagrams and infographics).
- Working as a member of a team to design materials for multiple channels, including print and online distribution to meet business objectives.
- Working collaboratively on projects, providing expert and timely creative advice to ensure high design standards across key projects.
- Ensuring materials for publishing comply with WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines and Digital Transformation Agency recommendations.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally
- Appropriate management of time and workload
- Ensuring that any materials produced meet the requirements of the Department’s visual style guide and are consistent with the appropriate branding guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels by clearly articulating your vision, design concepts, and recommendations through thoughtful storytelling in the context of the business problems to be solved and desired behavioural outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in typesetting for (print) and UI/UX (digital) design experience for online products and using Adobe Creative Suite software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD, in a Microsoft environment.
- Exceptional visual communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information graphically to non-technical audiences
- Experience in designing with / translating visuals into Microsoft products, such as PowerPoint, Publisher etc.
- Project management support, including excellent time management skills, a high level of attention to detail, and flexibility and resilience to work in and support staff in a demanding team environment
- Understanding of the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and/or the UK Design Council’s Double Diamond Model
- Qualifications in graphic or visual design or another related field would be highly regarded.
- Versatility across a wide range of user experience practices, including user research, stakeholder engagement, information architecture, interaction design, UI/visual design, prototyping, and testing.